If you are bored of your regular dal and mixed veg curries, the recipe below gives you the much needed variety. Eggplant coupled with yogurt and spices makes for a heavenly combination. I learnt this recipe from a close friend Neeti, she made it for me one day and I absolutely fell in love with the dish. So, I decided that this one needs to be on the blog…It is totally blog worthy 🙂
Here’s the recipe for Eggplant Yogurt Curry 🙂
Read along to know the recipe details.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Eggplant – 2 to 3 (I used small sized Japanese eggplant)
Roasted peanuts – 1/2 cup
Onions – 1
Green chillies – 2 to 3
Garlic – 2 cloves
Low-fat yogurt – 3 cups
Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Dry red chillies – 3
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 3 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp
Salt – as per taste
- Fry the whole peanuts, remove the husk and keep aside.
- In a wide bottom pan, heat 2 to 3 Tbsp of oil. Sauté the cubed eggplant with salt.
- Fry till the eggplant is well cooked.
- Once done, keep it aside.
- Dab the pan with a paper towel to soak the water content left after frying the eggplant.
- Now, heat 3 tbsp of oil. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Sauté till you hear the mustard seeds splutter. Now, add the curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Next, add the thinly sliced onions, garlic, and green chillies. Fry till the onions are translucent.
- Now, add the turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- At this point, turn off heat.
- Add the yogurt and mix well.
- Add the fried eggplant and peanuts. Mix well.
- Serve with fresh roti / chapathi!
- Enjoy 🙂
2 thoughts on “Eggplant Yogurt Curry”
Looks delish.. 👍