One pot meals are my go to recipes on a busy day. It’s simple to prepare yet fulfilling to eat. I have always loved trying out different varieties of one pot meals. I have had quite a success trying and experimenting with newer varieties of one pot meals. These one shot preparations are also good lunch box recipes.
Here is another one-pot recipe – Carrot Rice!
This recipe enhances the flavor of the basmati rice with the blend of the whole spices. Try this recipe and I am sure it will be one of your go-to dishes!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 people
- Shredded Carrots – 1 Cup
- Onions – 1
- Green Chillies – 3 to 4
- Ginger – 1/2 inch – chopped finely
- Garlic – 1 to 2 cloves
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Cloves – 3 to 4
- Cinnamon – 1/4 to 1/2 inch stick
- Peppercorns – few
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Rice – 1.5 Cups
- Water – 1.5 Cups
- Salt – as per taste
- Turn “ON” the instant pot in Sauté mode.
- Heat Oil. Add the whole spices – Cloves, Cinnamon, Peppercorns and Cumin Seeds. Sauté till you get the aroma of the spices.
- Next, add the chopped green chillies, ginger and garlic. Fry till done.
- Then, add the shredded or grated carrots. Mix well.
- Now, Add the salt, Garam masala, and cumin powder. Mix well.
- It’s now time to add the rice. Wash and add the basmati rice and give it a good mix.
- After adding rice, add the water required. Mix well.
- I add 1:1 ratio of water:rice for perfect non sticky rice dish. And I typically use long grain basmati rice only.
- Now, turn OFF the sauté mode on your Instant pot. Close lid. Make sure the vent is in sealing position.
- Select ‘Pressure Cook’ and set the time to 6 minutes. Allow it to cook and let the pot go on a Natural Pressure Release.
- Once done, garnish with caramelized onions (Onions fried in ghee) and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with raita and pickle. Enjoy!